ALLEGAEON Announces "Apoptosis Tour Pt II" USA Headlining Trek
Wednesday, August 14, 2019 @ 11:34 AM
||With INFERI, PALADIN|
After releasing their new album, Apoptosis, earlier this year, ALLEGAEON will now hit the road in support of it, headlining the "Apoptosis Tour Pt II" across the USA with INFERI and PALADIN.
ALLEGAEON comments: "Hey everyone, very excited to announce the second leg of headlining shows in support of our new album, Apoptosis. This will be the first extensive tour we have done since release and we couldn't be happier to be joined by our friends in INFERI and PALADIN for the ride. Check out the dates below - we hope to see you all very soon!"
ALLEGAEON tour dates
w/ INFERI, PALADIN
Tracked at Flatline Audio in Denver with long-serving producer Dave Otero, Apoptosis is ALLEGAEON's fifth full-length, and the first to feature bassist Brandon Michael. "Musically, Brandon brings a huge new dimension," vocalist Riley McShane enthuses. "He has this wide breadth of music knowledge and stylistic proficiency that he draws from with excellent taste, and this makes a lot of the songs on Apoptosis come to life." The record also features a guest appearance by classical guitarist Christina Sandsengen, who duets with guitarist Greg Burgess on "Colors of the Currents". "On this record, I was more open to new ideas that we might not have used in past," states guitarist Michael Stancel. "Rather than deleting something because 'it's not ALLEGAEON-y enough', I would take a step back and see if that idea fit the song and decide if it was worth keeping. With that mentality came some of my favorite songs, because I was less worried about if it fit into our old sound." This statement is borne out across the whole album, which while very much embodying the core ALLEGAEON sound that has drawn fans in over the course of their impressive career, it pushes into new territory, and does so with unerring confidence. "Thematically, this record is all about contrast, and the music reflects that perfectly," says McShane. "The vocals are heavier than ever, but there are also more clean sections. The drums are faster than ever but also more dynamic, and the guitar playing is lower and slower than on most previous albums, but also provides long, melodic and beautiful sections throughout."
- 10.15 - Salt Lake City, UT - In The Venue
- 10.17 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
- 10.18 - Portland, OR - Bossanova Ballroom
- 10.19 - Spokane, WA - The Pin!
- 10.21 - Oakland, CA - Metro Opera House
- 10.22 - Los Angeles, CA - Hi Hat
- 10.23 - Mesa, AZ - Club Red
- 10.25 - Oklahoma City, OK - 89th Street Collective
- 10.26 - Houston, TX - Satellite Bar
- 10.28 - Orlando, FL - The Haven
- 10.29 - Atlanta, GA - 529
- 10.31 - Philadelphia, PA - Milkboy
- 11.1 - Brooklyn, NY - Gold Sounds
- 11.2 - Rochester, NY - Montage Music Hall
- 11.3 - Pittsburgh, PA - Crafthouse
- 11.4 - Minneapolis, MN - The Varsity
- 11.5 - Kansas City, MO - The Riot Room
To preview and purchase Apoptosis, please visit: http://metalblade.com/allegaeon
Please log in to view RANTS
If you don't have a username, click here to create an account!