ALLEGAEON Unleashes "Metaphopbia" Video
Tuesday, October 8, 2019 @ 1:26 PM
||Band Set To Kick Off USA Tour This Month|
Later this month, ALLEGAEON will head back out on tour, headlining the "Apoptosis Tour Pt II" across the USA with INFERI and PALADIN. In anticipation of this trek, ALLEGAEON has now launched a new video for "Metaphobia" - taken from their latest album, Apoptosis. Directed and filmed by Matthew Zinke, "Metaphobia" can be viewed now on KNAC.COM HERE.
See below for all dates!
ALLEGAEON tour dates
w/ INFERI, PALADIN
Tracked at Flatline Audio in Denver with long-serving producer Dave Otero, Apoptosis is ALLEGAEON's fifth full-length, and the first to feature bassist Brandon Michael. "Musically, Brandon brings a huge new dimension," vocalist Riley McShane enthuses. "He has this wide breadth of music knowledge and stylistic proficiency that he draws from with excellent taste, and this makes a lot of the songs on Apoptosis come to life." The record also features a guest appearance by classical guitarist Christina Sandsengen, who duets with guitarist Greg Burgess on "Colors of the Currents". "On this record, I was more open to new ideas that we might not have used in past," states guitarist Michael Stancel. "Rather than deleting something because 'it's not ALLEGAEON-y enough', I would take a step back and see if that idea fit the song and decide if it was worth keeping. With that mentality came some of my favorite songs, because I was less worried about if it fit into our old sound." This statement is borne out across the whole album, which while very much embodying the core ALLEGAEON sound that has drawn fans in over the course of their impressive career, it pushes into new territory, and does so with unerring confidence. "Thematically, this record is all about contrast, and the music reflects that perfectly," says McShane. "The vocals are heavier than ever, but there are also more clean sections. The drums are faster than ever but also more dynamic, and the guitar playing is lower and slower than on most previous albums, but also provides long, melodic and beautiful sections throughout."
- 10.15 - Salt Lake City, UT - The Loading Dock
- 10.17 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
- 10.18 - Portland, OR - Bossanova Ballroom
- 10.19 - Spokane, WA - The Pin!
- 10.21 - Oakland, CA - Metro Opera House
- 10.22 - Los Angeles, CA - Hi Hat
- 10.23 - Mesa, AZ - Club Red
- 10.25 - Oklahoma City, OK - 89th Street Collective
- 10.26 - Houston, TX - Satellite Bar
- 10.28 - Orlando, FL - The Haven
- 10.29 - Atlanta, GA - 529
- 10.31 - Philadelphia, PA - Milkboy
- 11.1 - Brooklyn, NY - Gold Sounds
- 11.2 - Rochester, NY - Montage Music Hall
- 11.3 - Pittsburgh, PA - Crafthouse
- 11.4 - Minneapolis, MN - The Varsity
- 11.5 - Kansas City, MO - The Riot Room
To preview and purchase Apoptosis, please visit: http://metalblade.com/allegaeon
Please log in to view RANTS
If you don't have a username, click here to create an account!