Wednesday, December 26, 2007 @ 10:32 PM
Bits and Pieces Chopped from t
- advertisement -
- advertisement -
Crowbar/Down guitarist Kirk Windstein checks in with the following update:
"As y'all know, I've been very busy with Down. But fear not children of doom. I've been down in Miami writing Crowbar tunes with (Steve) Gibb (guitarist). It's coming along really well, so get ready!! Also get ready for the new Kingdom of Sorrow (the project which features Windstein and Hatebreed frontman Jamey Jasta) CD coming out on Relapse on February 19th. It absolutely crushes!! Thanks, and I'll speak to you soon."
A man who adopted a rock-star alter ego pulled a gun at a Vancouver, Washington, convenience store on Christmas Eve, after several hours of harassing patrons in the quick stop and other local businesses. According to Portland, Oregon's KPTV, the man - who has not been identified - called himself "Ozzy Osbourne" when he pulled out the gun and threatened to shoot a clerk at the convenience store. Paramedics transported the man to a nearby hospital.
Forbes magazine has compiled the Top 20 paydays of 2007 for the entertainment industry. Sammy Hagar added $80 million to his bank account when he sold 80% of his tequila company Cabo Wabo to Gruppo Campari. The company has an option to buy the remaining 20% over the next five to eight years, so Hagar can look forward to a nice little superannuation.
The 6th edition of Jogo De Estrelas (All Stars Game) organized by Sepultura bassist Paulo Xisto, took place in Belo Horizonte (MG - Brazil) on December 22nd. Brazil's top veteran football (soccer) players and celebrities - including Sepultura guitarist Andreas Kisser, singer Derrick Green and drummer Jean Dolabella - met for a football match to benefit a local cause.
Ticketmaster UK has tickets on sale now for former Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley's show at the Astoria in London, England on Friday, April 11th. Tickets are £20.00 and there is a ticket limit of six tickets per person. Upcoming live Ace dates now include: