Pamela Anderson Vs. Tommy Lee: The War Of The Roses Rages On
Saturday, December 8, 2001 @ 3:10 PM
Pamela Anderson Files Petition
- advertisement -
Who says all is fair in love and war???
On November 1st, Pamela Anderson filed a petition for full custody of her children with former husband Tommy Lee in Los Angeles Superior Court. Citing "a lack of parenting skills and good judgment" the actress/model is seeking full custody of her two sons (Brandon, 5, and Dylan, 3) with the former Motley Crue drummer and current Methods of Mayhem frontman. In addition, Anderson is seeking a revision of the visitation and holiday schedules, and is asking the court to order Lee to participate in a six-month parenting class, a six-month anger management course, and a psychiatric evaluation. Anderson is also trying to stop Lee from using derogatory language about her and her boyfriend, rocker Kid Rock, himself a feather of a young boy. The petition has just been made public this week.
Allstarnews.com obtained a copy of the 15-page petition and quotes Anderson as stating that she is “afraid for the emotional and physical well being of the children while in his care. In the past few months… [Lee] has embarked on a campaign of threats, harassment, and a general lack of cooperation in the parenting of our children. He currently demonstrates belligerence towards co-parenting, a lack of understanding of what is appropriate for our young children, and a lack of parenting skills and good judgment."
Anderson describes Lee as "a very angry, unstable man who presents a danger to others, particularly when he is using alcohol," "suffers from bi-polar disorder,” "volatile, unreasonable, and erratic," "respondent's life revolves around alcohol," and "respondent is a man without compassion who cares only about himself and what suits him at any given moment; a man with no natural instincts as a parent."
Anderson details several incidents between April and May 2001 as her reasons for seeking full custody. Among them are:
- "The children return home [from their father's house] and call me derogatory names that they could only have heard from their father. They have repeatedly called me a 'freak.' They have also said, 'We hate daddy. He says bad things about Bob [Kid Rock, real name Bob Ritchie]."
- "Shortly after the drowning incident [a child died at a party at Lee's house in June (allstar, June 18)], respondent announced to me that he wanted to take the children on a houseboat… I felt that this was inappropriate and insensitive to the children's heightened fear of water."
- "Respondent brought his dying father on the trip with the children. They watched their grandfather being brought in on a stretcher, with tubes running into him and a bag for his urine… They had nightmares for weeks after the trip about dying and having tubes running in and out of them."
- "Brandon has told me that respondent hurts him and pinches him and Dylan … Dylan has told me that he hates me for making him go to his father's."
- "Respondent has refused [to read to his children] and tells me and Brandon that homework is stupid and that reading is a stupid way to learn."
"Respondent has refused [to take the children for swimming lessons] and told me that 'no one will teach my children to swim except me."
"Respondent grabbed Brandon, took him outside, and dangled him in front of [his 130-pound Rottweiler]."
- "The children come home after their visits with their father and use inappropriate language and swear words." [She claims the kids have used the words "psycho," "bonehead," "freak," and "Jesus Christ" when they are frustrated.]
Anderson stressed, "My greatest wish is for Brandon and Dylan to have a loving, sensitive, and involved father. Based on respondent's recent attitude and behavior, his escalating anger, his lack of parenting skills and his insensitivity to the children's developmental needs, I realize that the current custody arrangement is not in the best interests of our children. At this point, I fear for the children's emotional and physical well-being when they are in the care of their father."
"These claims are old and totally without merit," responded Lee's attorney, Lance Spiegel. "As recently as two months ago, Pam was quoted as raving what a wonderful father Tommy is. The issues and allegations raised by Pam are now before the court. They are vehemently denied and the truth will come out in due course. Mr. Lee in fact is requesting that the court increase his time with his children."
Lee will likely respond to the accusations at a hearing on December 18th in Los Angeles Superior Court.